Has this ever happened to you? You know you need to write a blog post because you haven’t written anything in ages, so you pull up a blank page and then …. stare at the cursor for hours because you have no idea what to write about. I feel like every business owner has had this struggle at some point. Which is why I wanted to create this list of content ideas especially for wedding professionals!
This list contains 50 blog post ideas to get the creative writing juices flowing, plus 51 social media post prompts. I hope they help you get out of the writing slump!
101 Content Ideas for Wedding Professionals
1. Introduce yourself.
2. Share 5 fun facts about yourself.
3. Write about how you got into your industry.
4. Share how you came up with your business name.
5. Tell everyone about your first gig. How did it come about?
6. Share your most recent wedding or event.
7. Share your DREAM wedding or event. Use pictures from Pinterest (with proper photographer credit).
8. Write about ONE amazing wedding detail you’ve seen recently.
9. Write about your favorite wedding trends.
10. Write about your LEAST favorite wedding trends (but be gentle so you don’t offend any clients!)
11. Create a FAQ – what questions do you get from clients over and over?
12. Share your expertise. What do you want clients to know about your business and your job?
13. Interview a fellow business owner. Do a blog post swap and interview each other.
14. Or have your spouse/partner interview you. Or interview them!
15. Share a DIY! If you have a product, show how you make it without giving away all the details.
16. Share your favorite wedding color combos.
17. Do a round up of your favorite wedding flowers.
18. What’s the best food you’ve ever had/seen at an event?
19. What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever seen at an event?
20. What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever seen at an event?
21. Welcome your new couples/clients to your business family. Share an engagement photo and a little about them. (Ask permission first.)
22. Interview one of your couples/clients. Ask them what they are looking forward to about their wedding or event. (Better yet, create a questionnaire you can send to ALL your clients.)
23. Share a positive testimonial from a past client. Be sure to say something positive about them and their event as well!
24. Share what you’re reading lately. Can be personal or business related!
25. Post about a recent vacation.
26. Make a list of your favorite First Dance songs.
27. Do a round up of First Look images.
28. Do a round up of amazing bridal gowns.
29. Do a round up of your favorite groom style.
30. Spotlight one of your favorite venues.
31. Talk about indoor vs outdoor weddings.
32. Talk about small vs large weddings.
33. Talk about wedding dress codes.
34. Bust a well-known wedding myth in your industry.
35. Talk about the pros and cons of eloping.
36. Share some of your early work and talk about how you’ve grown and evolved.
37. Write about one of your big dreams – either business or personal.
38. Write about your family.
39. Write about a favorite childhood memory.
40. Write about one of your favorite teachers or someone who changed your life.
41. Write about a celebrity or public figure you really admire.
42. Share some of your favorite poems.
43. Write about your biggest business regret.
44. Talk about some good business advice your received when you were just starting out.
45. Talk about a pivotal moment in your career.
46. Share your “Instagram week in review” showing all your Instagram posts from that week.
47. Do a follow up or “Part 2” for your most popular post.
48. Do a round-up of your most popular posts.
49. Do a monthly recap of your events or products.
50. Do a year-end post highlighting your favorite events.
51. Share your favorite wedding-related links and articles.
52. Post funny GIFs or memes about weddings. GIPHY.com is a great resource.
53. Share your favorite wedding-related YouTube videos.
54. Write up a quick story about a recent event, and share with a picture.
55. Create a slideshow of recent event images.
56. Create an album of your favorite event or product photos.
57. Share a link to a pin on Pinterest you love.
58. Post your most recent blog post.
59. Share breaking news regarding your industry (for example, celebrity or royal weddings).
60. Share a selfie of you with a recent client/couple.
61. Welcome a recent client/couple who just hired you. Include a photo of them. (Ask permission first.)
62. Let people know if you’re going to be at a wedding expo or event.
63. Ask a question. “What’s your favorite flower for weddings?” or “What were your wedding colors?” can create some good engagement.
64. Post a “fill-in-the-blank” question. For example, “If I could get married anywhere, it would be at ______”
65. Share a funny or cute animal video … just because. No one can resist them!
66. Share the link for the Facebook Page of your business besties and let your followers know why they should Like their page.
67. Re-share a Snapchat or Instagram Story video that did well.
68. Do a Facebook Live video showing behind-the-scenes at your job or an event.
69. Do a Facebook Live video answering some of your most frequently asked questions.
70. Share your Instagram photos with different captions.
71. Share a great photo from a recent event.
72. Post a selfie of you at work.
73. Share a pretty landscape photo with a love quote.
74. Write some fun facts about yourself with a recent headshot or publicity photo.
75. Post a pretty photo from a recent vacation.
76. Share a #tbt (Throwback Thursday) post from an old event, or a picture from childhood!
77. Do a “Caption This” with a funny picture from one of your events or a picture of yourself doing something weird.
78. Post about holidays and wish your followers a good day.
79. Post about those obscure holidays too, like #NationalCupcakeDay or #NationalHuggingDay
80. Do a “thank you” post when you reach follower milestones.
81. Introduce yourself.
82. Share a “day in the life.”
83. Show behind-the-scenes of an event.
84. Talk about how you “treat yo’self” or do self-care after events.
85. Answer follower questions.
86. Interview a business bestie.
87. Show what you’re cooking/eating.
88. Use geofilters to show where you’re at.
89. Offer a sneak peek of a new product or recent photos.
90. Ask your followers to tell you how their day is going!
91. Pin any eye-catching photos from your website.
92. Create vertical images for your blog posts to share on Pinterest.
93. Make a board featuring your best work.
94. Pin your favorite wedding products – dresses, jewelry, shoes, rings, etc.
95. Pin from blog posts or websites of your business besties.
96. You can pin videos on Pinterest so share your favorites from YouTube!
97. Share your best testimonials.
98. Post links to your new blog posts.
99. Share inspirational quotes/images.
100. Want to network? Post and see who in your area might be available to meet up for coffee.
101. Have a great new headshot or publicity photo? Share it!