Diversity in blogging – or lack of diversity, in blogging, is a heavy topic and one I fully admit I’m not the expert to speak on. My guest today is Jenielle of Little Gray Thread, who is a champion for diversity and representation in our industry. In this episode, we talk about why we think there is a lack of diversity in blogging in the first place, and the one simple thing everyone can do help move our industry towards equality.
Jenielle, Little Gray Thread
Jenielle is an Asian-American Orange County “Mommy Blogger” documenting life with her half-Asian daughters, LittleGray and LittleSage. They are best known for visiting theme parks like Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm in mama-made costumes. She finds joy in writing about kid-friendly activities in Orange County, theme parks, live Broadway theater, and raising inclusive kids. You can find Jenielle on instagram or on her blog at Little Gray Thread.
- Discussing diversity and inclusivity can be a tricky topic but is much needed in the influencer marketing industry.
- When at events, look around the room and notice if all ethnicity are represented.
- The best way to bring more diversity into our industry is to simply start a conversation.
- Above all, don’t discount any one’s experience. If someone comes to you with a concern, listen to them and try to understand their point of view.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Thank You for Listening!
If you loved this episode of Influencer Education, please …
- Leave a comment on this episode below
- Leave an honest review on iTunes
- Follow me on Instagram
- Join the Facebook Group – Social Media Tips & Influencer Education
- Sign up for the Joy Social email newsletter to get updates on future episodes
- Send me an email with topic suggestions or general feedback
- Share this article on social media or send it to a friend!